Tag Archives: 419论坛

10 months agoREVEALED: The fortune Mourinho has earned from sacking payouts

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say REVEALED: The fortune Mourinho has earned from sacking payoutsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has earned a world fortune from being sacked as a manager.The Portuguese’s time at Old Trafford came to a halt on Tuesday morning after two and a half seasons. He will pocket £24million as a payout.It is the fourth time Mourinho has been sacked in his career – twice by Chelsea, once by Real Madrid and now by the Red Devils.From his original time in charge at Chelsea, Mourinho trousered £18million upon being dismissed in 2007.His next job was at Inter and, after winning the Champions League, he left for Real Madrid.Mourinho spent three seasons at the Bernabeu but left by “mutual agreement” following defeat to Atletico Madrid in the 2013 Copa del Rey final.That took him back to Chelsea, where he won the Premier League in his second season back in west London. Mourinho received a £9.5million payoff when sacked in season three.The Mirror reports Mourinho has netted a total of £51.5million in payoffs from being sacked over the course of his illustrious career in the dugout. last_img read more

10 months agoCardiff boss Warnock writes off Tottenham as title contender

first_imgCardiff boss Warnock writes off Tottenham as title contenderby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveCardiff City boss Neil Warnock has wrote off Tottenham as a title contender.Cardiff will face Spurs tonight.”I don’t think they (Tottenham) are title contenders but I think they are going to have a great season,” said Warnock.”It’s such a strange thing, I think they would be (challenging for the title) in a normal situation but we’ve just got two incredible teams at the minute.”At the moment one of them (Liverpool) is just flying. If Liverpool do get a result (against Manchester City) on Thursday it is very difficult to see anything else (other than Liverpool title win) really.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Video: Jim Larranaga Broke Out An Extremely Joyful Rendition Of The Whip/Nae Nae After Miami Beat Florida

first_imgJim Larranaga htis the nae nae after beating Florida.YouTube/CanesAllAccessMiami hoops is off to a fast start, sitting at 8-1 after Tuesday night’s 66-55 win over in-state rival Miami. After the game, Larranaga joined the extensive list of college coaches who have broken out The Whip/Nae Nae dance to celebrate a win.Larranaga is a full dance craze behind, so expect him to Dab at some point soon. If you’re going to be a post-game dancer, you need to be up on your fads, Jim. Really, this responsibility is on his players.last_img

New CEO for Quebecors Videotron cable and wireless unit gets analysts approval

first_imgMONTREAL — Quebecor Inc.’s chief financial officer has been appointed to head the company’s Videotron business after the departure of its previous CEO.The appointment of Jean-Francois Pruneau to president and CEO of Videotron, which is mostly active in Quebec, fills a vacancy left by outgoing CEO Manon Brouillette.Brouillette headed Videotron for five years during a period of rapid growth as it solidified its position as a major regional competitor to Canada’s national wireless carriers.Pierre Karl Peladeau, chief executive of Quebecor as well as its leading shareholder, announced Pruneau’s appointment Monday before stock markets opened.He also announced that Quebecor’s new chief financial officer is Hugues Simard, who had been with the company from 1998 to 2017, and that Marc Tremblay has been promoted to Quebecor’s chief operating officer. Analysts said Pruneau was a good pick to lead Videotron, saying he had been very involved with the telecommunications unit while he was chief financial officer“Over the past two decades, we believe Mr. Pruneau has established strong credibility with investors and has been an important piece of the Videotron growth story over this period,” McReynolds wrote in a research note.Barclays analyst Phillip Huang had a similar positive view of the appointment.“While the promotion of CFOs to the CEO role is rare in the industry, Mr. Pruneau has been very hands-on in every key aspect of QBR’s operations,” Huang wrote. The Canadian Press Companies in this story: (TSX:QBR.B)last_img read more

Ronaldo lauded in Spanish media after Juve give Atletico ‘momentous beating’

first_imgMADRID: Cristiano Ronaldo was lauded in the Spanish press after his stunning hat-trick in Tuesday’s 3-0 win over Atletico Madrid sent Juventus into the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Ronaldo’s record-equalling eighth treble in Europe’s elite competition hauled Juventus back from a 2-0 defeat in the first leg in Madrid and sent the Serie A leaders through 3-2 on aggregate. It was the fifth time the Portuguese forward had helped to knock Atletico out of the Champions League, having won the 2014 and 2016 finals against them and beating them in the quarter-finals in 2015 and semi-finals in 2017 with Real Madrid. Also Read – Dhoni, Paes spotted playing football together”Cristiano imposes his law,” said the front cover of Spanish newspaper Marca, while daily AS hailed Ronaldo, who is the leading goalscorer in the competition, as “the king of the Champions League.” There was also a sense of regret that Real, who had a humiliating exit at the hands of Ajax Amsterdam last week, had allowed their all-time top scorer to leave for 103 million euros ($116.3 million) last July. “Madrid should never have let a player like this escape, when he had a contract, was the all-time top scorer and one of the patrons of the four Champions League wins,” added Marca. “They gave away a legend for 100 million euros. We just saw that Ronaldo is priceless. Letting him go was a historic error. Cristiano wasn’t worth 100 million euros, he was worth a billion.” There was also criticism for Atletico’s negative tactics and their attempt to merely defend their lead. Also Read – Andy Murray to make Grand Slam return at Australian OpenDiego Simeone’s side did not manage to have one shot on target in the 90 minutes. “With Cristiano in the mood for a demolition and on one of those nights which make him the most ravenous and lethal striker in history, Juventus walked all over Atletico,” said El Pais. “Simeone’s team fell the Italian way. They only wanted to defend, and they received a momentous beating.” Atletico, who have lost three European Cup finals, had targeted reaching this year’s showpiece in their Wanda Metropolitano stadium. Now, their only focus is chasing down La Liga leaders Barcelona, who have a seven-point advantage at the top of the Spanish top flight.last_img read more

Ameryst Alston and Raven Ferguson lead Ohio State womens basketball to upset

Junior guard Raven Ferguson drives to the basket during a game against Michigan Jan. 5 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU lost, 64-49.Credit Shelby Lum / Photo editorThe Indiana Hoosiers came into their game against the Ohio State women’s basketball team undefeated and ranked in the top-25 for just the second time in team history.They left Assembly Hall with a loss to the unranked Buckeyes.OSU sophomore guard Ameryst Alston led all scorers and tied a career high with 29 points as the Buckeyes took down the No. 22 Hoosiers, 70-51, Saturday.Coach Kevin McGuff was not shy in his praise of his star guard after the victory.“She (Alston) was in attack mode for 40 minutes tonight,” McGuff said in a press release following the game. “We are a different team when she is playing with that type of aggressiveness.”The Buckeyes also got quality minutes from junior guard Raven Ferguson, who came off the bench to record a career-high 18 points.“This was Raven’s best game all year,” McGuff said. “She generated a lot of offense for herself and her teammates.”The efforts of Alston and Ferguson also made an impression on Indiana coach Curt Miller.“The one-on-one ability by Ameryst and the one-on-one ability by Raven Ferguson was the big difference in the game tonight,” Miller said in a postgame video for Indiana athletics. “They created havoc with their penetration.”The OSU defense was a big factor in the victory, as it held the Hoosiers to just 28.8 percent shooting from the field.“I thought we were particularly good on the defensive end today and I think our players did an excellent job executing what the game plan was and playing with great intensity,” McGuff said. “Our communication was better and we were just much, much better on the defensive end.”Another area of success for the Buckeyes was scoring inside, where the Buckeyes outscored Indiana 38-14 in the paint.“Ohio State’s big,” Hoosiers senior center Simone Deloach said in a postgame video. “They did a really good job of getting the ball inside and … passing out of the post too.”The game seemed to be in hand midway through the second half as OSU led 56-37 with 10:46 remaining.But the Hoosiers then scored 11 straight to cut the lead to eight with just more than eight minutes left.The crowd at Assembly Hall roared, but the Buckeyes had an answer.The Buckeyes finished the game on a 14-3 run in the final eight minutes to seal a victory, much to the delight of McGuff.“That was really great to see,” McGuff said. “They certainly could have crumbled and quit doing the things that allowed us to get the lead we had prior to that run.”The win over Indiana gave the Buckeyes their second road victory this season, the other coming against West Virginia Nov. 8 when they beat the Mountaineers 70-61.“We still have a long way to go,” McGuff said. “But this was a good performance for us.”OSU is scheduled to travel to Penn State Thursday. Tipoff between the Buckeyes and No. 14 Nittany Lions is set for 7 p.m. read more

Mens basketball What to expect from Ohio State in 201718

The 2017-18 Ohio State men’s basketball team held its preseason media day Wednesday at the Schottenstein Center. Credit: Nick Clarkson | Social Media EditorKnowing how the Ohio State men’s basketball team was going to perform each night the past two seasons was a mystery. This year, it might be even more difficult to predict.Ohio State held its preseason media day Wednesday with all seven returning players, plus Michigan transfer guard Andrew Dakich, before the team’s first official practice Saturday for the first season under head coach Chris Holtmann. With a fresh coaching staff and a roster full of new players, there likely haven’t been more question marks heading into an Ohio State season since former head coach Thad Matta took over the program in 2004. But despite all the program turnover and offseason storylines, the team goals haven’t changed.“I was definitely excited [for the season] because I felt that as a team, we didn’t leave it all out there on the table [last season],” senior forward Jae’Sean Tate said. “I wouldn’t say that overall goal hasn’t changed since coach Holtmann came, but the style was an adjustment from one coaching staff to another.”It’s difficult to know if Ohio State can actually compete with top programs this year, but based on depth and overall uncertainty, the logical answer would be “no.” Yet, if there’s a reason Ohio State can surprise teams and critics around the country, redshirt junior forward Keita Bates-Diop’s play could be it.After playing just nine games due to a season-ending leg injury last year, which led to a medical redshirt, Bates-Diop returns as perhaps Ohio State’s best two-way player. He said he hasn’t “felt this good in probably a year and a half, physically.”At 6-foot-7 and with a wingspan of more than seven feet, he has the ability to contest on the glass, defend on the perimeter and shoot over top of any defender.“I think I’m more consistent with my jump shot. I worked on a lot of the stationary stuff, so I kind of went back to basics, essentially with shooting,” Bates-Diop said. “And coming back, I worked on a lot of footwork and agility stuff just because my leg was weaker and I needed it. I think I’m better in a lot of areas.”Tate said he believes the team is talented enough to meet its goal, presumably being competitive in league play and improving significantly from last season’s dismal 17-15 finish without a bid to the NCAA Tournament, or even the NIT. However, the steps to get there have changed a bit.The first step for the team is learning an entirely new system. All the players who spoke Wednesday said Holtmann is a defensively focused coach. In the two hours per week the team can be with the coaching staff in the offseason, per NCAA rules, Holtmann has steered clear of working in the half court, instead focusing on transition defense and offense.“He’s big on defense,” Bates-Diop said. “All the details in everything. It just kind of opened our minds, essentially.”Sophomore center Micah Potter said the team is in better condition now than it was at this point last season, which could be a direct cause of the heavy work in transition.“If you remember back last year, there were a lot of games we lost by, like, one to five points,” Potter said. “I think being in shape will help us keep that focus and help us make those extra hustle plays that help us win those kind of games.”Depth at point guard is a major issue for Ohio State in 2017-18, with junior C.J. Jackson being the only true point guard on the roster. It is still unknown who is going to be the backup point guard, but all signs point to Jackson playing extended minutes. Tate, Dakich, Bates-Diop and redshirt senior guard Kam Williams have all been practicing as ball handlers. Bates-Diop said Williams is the most likely of the bunch to receive time at point guard. Williams said he expects to play some point guard this season.Including Bates-Diop, Ohio State returns three starters and because of depth problems will have to play inexperienced freshmen forwards Kyle Young and Kaleb Wesson and freshman guard Musa Jallow because of depth problems. The players raved about the maturity of the freshmen, which is important for the future of the program, but might not translate to victories in the intermediate.“We’re Holt guys. We’re Thad guys, but at the end of the day, we’re Holt guys,” Tate said. “We’re the start of this new tradition and coach Holtmann has let us know that there’s an emphasis on we’re going to be the building blocks for years to come.” read more

Report Payet set for shock West Ham comeback

first_imgDimitri Payet’s representatives have offered West Ham United the opportunity to re-sign their former star player this summer, claims The GuardianThe France international had left the Hammers two years ago in some rather controversial circumstances, that had soured his relationship with the club, for a return back to Marseille.Payet had handed in a transfer request to the West Ham board in the middle of the 2016/17 campaign after growing discontent with life at the club.However, the London club stood firm and rejected the request.But Payet eventually did seal his dream return to Marseille in a £25m deal after his refusal to play for West Ham any longer.Marseille needing to replace Florian Thauvin Taimoor Khan – September 12, 2019 Florian Thauvin is out of action due to an ankle injury which means that Olympique de Marseille have to quickly seek a solution. It’s…Although, the 31-year-old apparently does still hold some affection for his former club and is now understood to be keen on a reunion due to Manuel Pellegrini’s appointment as the new head coach.The new West Ham boss is concerned about the reaction of the club supporters and has taken to consulting his senior players over the move before taking any final decision, despite the fact that he is currently in the market for a creative player.Former Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is understood to be in negotiations over joining West Ham this summer, although Payet may still have a chance at rejoining the club due to Manuel Lanzini’s long-term injury.But the Frenchman will first have to prove his own fitness, having suffered a big injury of his own in Marseille’s Europa League final defeat to Atletico Madrid back in May – which saw him miss out on a place for the World Cup with France.last_img read more

Torino reports ready for Napoli clash

first_imgCoach Walter Mazzarri spoke before today’s match on how the team has “picked up fewer points than we deserved”In an early Italian Lega Serie A match-up, Torino will play against Napoli.And for Torino’s manager Walter Mazzarri, his team does not deserve to be in the place they are right now, but on a better spot.The Granata are in 12th place, after only one victory, two draws and one defeat in the competition.“I expect our fans to be passionate, fired up and give us a hand to put in a great performance,” said the coach in his press conference as reported by Football Italia.Cristiano Ronaldo, JuventusSerie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….“So far we’ve picked up fewer points than we deserved. It angers me when we play well and don’t win the game, such as against Udinese. We dominated there for 90 minutes and were very unlucky to concede a goal.”“Napoli represent an important test for us. If we can build on the second half performances against Roma and Inter, that’d be a big step forward,” he added.“I don’t like to make comparisons. Napoli plays well and Ancelotti is one of the top Coaches in the world, not to mention a lovely person. They drew 0-0 with Red Star Belgrade in the Champions League this week, but absolutely dominated that match. If they played it again, they’d win 3-0 or 4-0.”“Marek Hamsik is playing in a new role, even if it’s the one people wanted me to use him in all those years ago, as a playmaker. Napoli is still a very strong squad and we’ll see where they end up,” he concluded.last_img read more

Neville United strikers should emulate Mane and Salah

first_imgGary Neville has urged Manchester United’s strikers to pick a cue from Liverpool duo of Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah if they want to be clinical in front of goal.A much improved second half attacking performance saw Mourinho’s men overcome a goal deficit to lead Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge but were eventually pegged back by Barkley’s last-gasp equaliser.“They need more from the front three, there’s so much talent there,” he told the Mirror via Sky Sports.“If you think of Lukaku, [Alexis] Sanchez, Martial, and Rashford, they need more from them.Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedLiverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“I want to see more runs past Lukaku. I want the two wide players, whoever they are – you see what Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah do for Liverpool, how they make those narrow runs inside.“I’m not saying they have to play narrow but wherever you start, you’ve got to end up in goalscoring positions more often and you’ve got to show that little bit of quality and composure in the final third.United fans would be hoping for a win when the Red Devils trade tackles with Juve in the Champions League at Old Trafford.last_img read more