France on Monday said it was halting ratification of an extradition treaty with Hong Kong after Beijing introduced a controversial new security law in the former British colony.”In light of the latest developments, France will not proceed as it stands with the ratification of the extradition agreement signed on May 4, 2017 between France and the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region,” the French foreign ministry said in a statement.The ministry bitterly criticized the new security law, saying it called into question the principle of “‘one country, two systems’… and the fundamental freedoms that result from it.” Topics : “This law also directly affects our citizens and our businesses,” it added.The introduction of the security law has raised new tensions between China and the West, compounding existing strains over the treatment of the Uighur minority and the behavior of telecoms giant Huawei.Britain last month suspended its extradition treaty with Hong Kong “immediately and indefinitely” in response to the new law while Germany suspended its extradition treaty with Hong Kong over the decision to push back local elections by a year.
Comment Advertisement Aubameyang, meanwhile, has also revealed that Mikel Arteta played a key part in convincing him to remain at Arsenal.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘I also had a chat with Mikel, that I think he gave me something very clear about the idea of the future of the club and about me,’ said the striker.‘He was straight and honest and that’s what I like because we are always honest. He said: ‘Okay, you can maybe leave. I don’t know what your mind is [thinking] right now, but you can leave and go for trophies at other clubs or you can stay here and have a legacy’. This, for me, was the key word. Advertisement ððð» “Â¡SANTIIIII!” La alegrÃa de AUBAMEYANG cuando @19SCazorla le comenta un directo de INSTAGRAM. pic.twitter.com/lw8rNFr9ih— ChiringuitoChampions (@chirichampions) September 16, 2020 Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 16 Sep 2020 4:14 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link30.6kShares Santi Cazorla congratulates Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang over new Arsenal contract Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says Mikel Arteta played a key role in convincing him to stay at Arsenal (Getty)‘We had a chat when we were in lockdown, he called me. Normally we have to speak about a game. I had to do a summary. You have to explain how the game works.‘He called me and said: ‘Forget about it’. I had prepared maybe two pages and he said: ‘Yeah, forget about it. Let’s talk about real things’.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘He said: ‘I want to be honest with you, how do you feel?’ I was like, I have to say the truth: ‘I feel very good’, it was maybe two or three months that he was here. [In] training, you can feel the passion. You can feel everything from this guy. He is so good and he’s the kind of guy who you can trust in him.‘That’s why I said to him: ‘I feel very good. What you said to me about legacy and stuff, I really think about it. I think it’s the right way and the true way to go’.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Santi Cazorla sent a message of congratulations to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Getty Images)Santi Cazorla has sent a message of congratulations to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after the striker signed his new contract with Arsenal.The 31-year-old has finally ended speculation over his future with the Gunners this week by committing to a new three-year deal worth £250,000 a week.After confirming his new contract, Aubameyang hosted a live video on Instagram to interact with Arsenal’s supporters.And during the video Cazorla, who spent six years at Arsenal, sent his message of support to the striker.ADVERTISEMENTThe former Arsenal midfielder wrote: ‘Well done bro’ along with three flexed bicep emojis.And after spotting the message, Aubameyang replied: ‘Santi! Muchas gracias, hermano. Thank you my bro.’
25 Minnie St, Southport.There is currently two houses on the block.“You could build now or later since holding costs are minimised with the having dwellings which also offers an excellent return,” Ms St Bruno said. “Right now it offers the perfect duel living scenario.”The block is on the market for $1 million and is a stroll to Ferry Road Markets and the light rail. 25 Minnie St, Southport.IT’S a mini house on a mega block at Minnie St. But don’t be fooled by its name or size — this property comes with huge possibilities. The 1950s house at 25 Minnie St is built on a gold mine or as Donya St Bruno from PRD Nationwide Ashmore describes a ‘prime development site’. 25 Minnie St, Southport.Spanning 1,012sq m and located close to the Southport CBD the sky is the limit for this “hot property”. More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North4 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoMs St Bruno said the land was zoned for developments up to 23m. “It has massive potential with such a central location and the best part, it comes with RD5 zoning,” she said.Ms St Bruno said there were plenty of development opportunities.“There is potential for a four-level building with 20 units or better yet a set of modern townhouses,” she said. 25 Minnie St, Southport.
NEST, the UK’s workplace pension fund, has committed £200m (€236.9m) to BlackRock’s Institutional Cash Series (ICS) Sterling Liquid Environmentally Aware Fund (LEAF).The amount will fluctuate depending on asset allocation and investment strategy, as that is the precise nature of the fund, to give liquidity, BlackRock said.The move comes as NEST – one of the UK’s top five defined contribution (DC) pension schemes – is forecast to grow its assets under management to £20bn by 2022. The investment follows NEST’s announcement in June 2019 that it would be banning tobacco from the entirety of its portfolios and, where possible, begin to transition assets into sustainable strategies. The master trust said the decision to exclude tobacco holdings from its portfolios was based on the expected future performance of the tobacco industry.Simultaneously, BlackRock was working to launch the LEAF series, which screens out tobacco and follows sustainability-focused investment criteria.Additionally, BlackRock said the demand for sustainable cash is rapidly growing with interest from a diverse client set, including corporates, private banks, wealth managers, universities, charities and pension schemes.The manager launched its LEAF series in July 2019 to meet growing demand for sustainable cash solutions in sterling, euro and US dollar.They are the first range of money market funds of its kind, launched with the thematic purpose of tilting investments towards environmental factors, as well as social and governance considerations, while maintaining the core objectives of liquidity funds, BlackRock said.Mark Fawcett, NEST’s chief investment officer, said: “Assessing ESG factors when investing sheds light on how adaptable a company or industry is and how sustainable it will be in the years to come.“We believe it helps achieve stronger long-term, risk-adjusted returns,” he said, adding that “it is important that fund managers step up and show their commitment to responsible investment”.Alex Cave, head of UK institutional DC at BlackRock, said that there has been an increasing number of DC clients focused on the impact of sustainability on their portfolios.Last month BlackRock published an open letter to its clients highlighting that it planned to expand its sustainable product offering, in addition to making sustainability integral to portfolio construction and risk management.
Top end buyers splash the cash on main river The games lounge is well set up for kids and adults alike.Come school holidays it’s game on inside the basement of the four-level residence where the games lounge is kitted out with pin ball machines, a darts board and billiards table. But the all-time family favourite is a five-hole putt putt golf course with a spectacular outlook over the Broadwater to Brown Island. The Sovereign Islands mansion boasts spectacular views over the Broadwater.OF all the luxury features inside their grand Sovereign Islands mansion, there’s one in particular the Jordan family will miss the most.Bill and Muriel Jordan have put their family home of seven years on the market — much to the upset of their grandchildren. The four-level residence is on the market for offers over $5 million.The home, which is listed for offers over $5 million, has hosted many special occasions for the retired couple who plan to downsize.“The grandkids keep saying, ‘But Nanny, why are you selling? We love this house!’” Mrs Jordan said.“Sovereign Islands is lovely. We would love to stay in the area.” RELATED: Peace and privacy on floating island palace More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa7 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day agoThe basement games lounge.A builder by trade, Mr Jordan brought his piece of paradise to life on the exclusive island estate, with features including an internal lift, Hollywood-style cinema, pool, 8-car basement and five spacious bedrooms. The putting green is wisely positioned alongside the Broadwater.Mr Williams, who is on The Sovereign Islands Gateway board of directors, is an avid golfer but it’s the grandkids who get serious on the green.“Bill loves his golf but our grandson adores the putt putt course,” Mrs Jordan said. “He always says he’s going to flog us but more balls end up in the water than on the green.” Southern buyers bypass closed border
The Hill 6 June 2019Family First Comment: “The marijuana of even 10 years ago was less than 5 percent THC [tetrahydrocannabinol], which is the product that causes you to get high, which can cause addiction, which can cause problems. The new strains that are professionally grown are 10, 15, 20 percent THC, and then when you vape them or dab them through these new devices, folks are getting 50, 60, 70 percent THC delivered. I like to have a glass of wine every once in a while. But that doesn’t mean I endorse a pint of grain alcohol.” #voteNOThe U.S. surgeon general warned in an interview that aired Wednesday on “Rising” that new strains of marijuana are more dangerous than those developed a decade ago.“The marijuana of even 10 years ago was less than 5 percent THC [tetrahydrocannabinol], which is the product that causes you to get high, which can cause addiction, which can cause problems,” Dr. Jerome Adams told Hill.TV’s Saagar Enjeti.“The new strains that are professionally grown are 10, 15, 20 percent THC, and then when you vape them or dab them through these new devices, folks are getting 50, 60, 70 percent THC delivered,” he said.“I like to have a glass of wine every once in a while,” he added. “But that doesn’t mean I endorse a pint of grain alcohol.”Adams’s comments come as the push for legalizing marijuana has become more popular in recent years.READ MORE: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/447080-surgeon-general-warns-marijuana-could-be-more-dangerous-than-it-was-a-decadeKeep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.
Loading… ”Genort Rhor has done well, he deserves a new contract, but he must be resident here in Nigeria to help us develop our league and our football, Eguavoen added. Read Also:Ex-Super Eagles coach tells Rohr what to do to home-based players ”I don’t think that should be a big deal, Rohr deserves a contract but I want him more here in the country than out there. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Former Super Eagles Captain and coach, Austin Eguavoen, has backed coach Genort Rohr for a new contract on the condition that he must stay in Nigeria. Rohr Living in Nigeria, according to Cerezo will afford him time to watch over our local players and also help develop the local football. “Westerhoff did the same while coaching the super Eagles team and players back home in the league had access to him directly”, He said.Advertisement
By Alan BaldwinLONDON, England (Reuters) – Soccer mourned the untimely death of former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu yesterday with national manager Gareth Southgate paying tribute to a “colossus”, friend and true gentleman.Ehiogu, who worked as Under-23 coach for Premier League title contenders Tottenham Hotspur, collapsed at the North London club’s training ground on Thursday and was rushed to hospital.He died early yesterday of a cardiac arrest, aged 44.“Losing him at such a young age is difficult to come to terms with,” said Southgate, who played alongside Ehiogu at Villa and Middlesbrough for almost 10 years and was also with him in the England squad.“Most importantly, he was a gentleman and he is one of those characters that people would find it difficult to have anything bad to say about.“I probably played more games with Ugo than anybody else in my career and, while in many ways he was a gentle giant away from football, he was a colossus on the pitch,” added the England manager.Ehiogu, who started out as a trainee at West Bromwich Albion but spent most of his career at Aston Villa, was capped four times by England.He would doubtless have won more caps but for injury and competition from younger defenders like Rio Ferdinand and John Terry.As well as playing more than 200 times in nine years for Villa, London-born Ehiogu played 126 games for Middlesbrough after becoming their then-record signing for £8 million in 2000.He won the League Cup with both clubs.Also playing for Rangers in the Scottish Premier League, Ehiogu scored a winner against Celtic in the 2007 Old Firm derby with a spectacular overhead kick that was later voted the club’s goal-of-the-season by fans.He ended his professional career at Sheffield United in 2009 and joined Tottenham’s coaching staff in 2014 after a spell with the England Under-20 side.Championship club Villa said they would be holding a minute’s applause before their home derby against Birmingham City on Sunday with both sets of players wearing black armbands as a mark of respect.Tottenham, who are playing league leaders Chelsea in an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley today will do likewise.The club also cancelled academy matches scheduled for the weekend and postponed Monday’s Under-23 game at Manchester United.“He was a person who always helped us a lot and we will miss him greatly. We are all in shock, it happened so quickly,” manager Mauricio Pochettino told the club website.“It’s a huge loss both personally and for all the Tottenham Hotspur family.”Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson said Ehiogu was one of the rocks in the team in the most successful period in the club’s history.” He wasn’t just a good footballer, he was a great man,” Gibson said.
CAPTAIN Harry Brook scored a fine century as England defeated Bangladesh by seven wickets at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown yesterday to put themselves in line to top Group C in the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup.Brook’s 102 not out was supplemented with a fine all-round effort of 48 not out and three for 26 by Euan Woods as the 1998 champions completed a second straight win.England are at par with Bangladesh on four points and a win over Canada tomorrow will enable them to top the group with six points, also making Bangladesh the second side to qualify for the Super League quarterfinals.Canada remained in contention for a place in the Super League quarterfinals from Group C when they defeated Namibia by four wickets at the Bert Sutcliffe Oval in Christchurch.However, to reach the Super League quarterfinals, they will have to convincingly beat England so that they can improve their net run-rate, which currently sits at -0.277 as compared to England’s +3.27 and Bangladesh’s +0.43.While Canada are still in the running for a place in the Super League quarterfinals, Namibia, who had qualified directly for the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2018 as the highest-placed Associate in 2016, will now play in the Plate Championship after succumbing to their third straight defeat.Scores in brief:Group CEngland beat Bangladesh by seven wickets, John Davies Oval, QueenstownBangladesh 175 all out, 49.2 overs (Afif Hossain 63, Aminul Islam 31; Ethan Bamber 3-19, Euan Woods 3-26)England 177-3, 29.3 overs (Harry Brook 102 not out, Euan Woods 48 not out)Player-of-the-match: Harry Brook (England)Canada beat Namibia by four wickets, Bert Sutcliffe Oval, ChristchurchNamibia 193 all out, 46 overs (Lohen Louwrens 38, Eben van Wyk 32, Erich van Mollendroff 30; Akash Gill 4-43, Rommel Shahzad 2-27, Rishiv Joshi 2-28, Aran Padmanathan 2-38)Canada 197-6, 42 overs (Arslan Khan 72, Akash Gill 52, Kevin Singh 50 not out; Petrus Burger 2-29, Shaun Fouche 2-34)Player-of-the-match: Akash Gill (Canada)Today’s fixtures:Australia v Papua New Guinea, Lincoln 3, Christchurch (Group B)India v Zimbabwe, Bay Oval, Tauranga (Group B)Pakistan v Sri Lanka, Cobham Oval, Whangarei (Group D)
LONDON, (CMC) – Kieron Pollard’s contract with English county Northamptonshire has been cancelled by “mutual agreement”, amidst the ongoing uncertainty owing to the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak.Pollard, West Indies’ white-ball captain, is one of one two players to have their deals squashed, with Pakistan’s Faheem Ashraf also suffering a similar fate.West Indies white-ball skipper Kieron Pollard.One of the most accomplished Twenty20 specialists, the 33-year-old Pollard had been expected to turn out for the Steelbacks in the Vitality T20 Blast.However, the domestic season has been upended by the coronavirus, leading the England and Wales Cricket Board to suspend the start of the programme until May 28.Even so, there is still no start in sight for the season, especially with the United Kingdom one of the hardest hit regions by the virus, having recorded 257 000 infections and nearly 37 000 deaths.Several other counties have already cancelled contracts with their overseas stars.Club chief executive Ray Payne said he was hopeful Pollard and Ashraf could return at some point in the future.“There are a lot of ifs, buts and maybes,” he explained.“We don’t have any schedule yet for next season so those players don’t know where they’re going to be. But once we’ve got a schedule, we’ll definitely be talking to them about coming back.”Head coach David Ripley added the club regretted having to miss out on both players.“It’s obviously really disappointing as they’re superb players and there was a real buzz around them joining the squad.” he pointed out.“I’d really like to thank the players and their management for their understanding and cooperation.”Pollard could also miss out on his campaign in the Indian Premier League which was due to start in March but has also been suspended because of COVID-19.The Trinidadian, appointed West Indies captain last September, has played 501 T20s scoring 10 000 runs and snatching 279 wickets.